This is a Multi- Agency working group of the Regional Stadia Programme.
The group provides specialist advice to the Department on Health and Safety aspects of the design and construction of the facilities for the redevelopment of Northern Ireland’s three major regional sporting stadia-Windsor Park, Kingspan Stadium& Casement Park.
A recent Project Assessment Review has been carried out and made a number of recommendations, including the appointment of a new Chair to the STG which has given rise to this appointment.
The Chair of the Safety Technical Group will be responsible for independent leadership of the STG and for ensuring the group functions effectively, providing the necessary assurances to the Senior Responsible Owner of the Stadia Programme.
- Applicants for the position of Chair of the STG should have experience of adding value to an organisation either at Senior Leadership or Board level.
- They will have experience of exercising critical thinking at this level, in a demanding and fast paced environment whilst managing stakeholders effectively.
- They should have a strong awareness of governance issues and experience in the use of mediation to facilitate group decision making.
Further details about the role and full selection criteria are included in the Candidate Information Booklet.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 2nd October 2015. CVs will not be accepted. Late applications will not be considered.
- It attracts a remuneration of £500 per day. Travel and Subsistence allowances also available.
- The appointment if for a term of up to two years. With the possibility of extension on a year by year basis up to a maximum of four years.
- The time commitment for the role is expected to be two days per week for the first eight weeks following appointment, and thereafter approximately one day per week.
An application form and further information can be obtained by accessing the links below