Bounce Culture is Community Interest Company (CIC) registered under the UK legal and regulatory system for social enterprises. Founded in 1999, Bounce has collaborated with high profile clients and partners such as Prince’s Trust, MENCAP, MTV, Radio 1, BBC1, UTV, Big Lottery and the Arts Council Northern Ireland.
We specialise in using the creative industries to inspire academic success and a means of personal development and celebrate music, people, diversity and creativity, expressed through a series of music, events, workshops and courses.
Bounce Culture Objectives
- Devise, organise and deliver accredited and non-accredited, educational programmes concerned with DJ technology, music production and management, video editing and related fields;
- Provide educational and personal development programmes that assist people facing disadvantage, including young people considered to be at risk and people with physical disabilities or affected by mental health issues;
- Initiate, manage and develop community and school-based projects.
Board Member Objectives
- Board members along with Managing Director are responsible for the management and organisation of Bounce Culture and for its decisions.
- To assist the current board and operational staff in the development of the organisation.
- To promote the interests of the organisation and to ensure that the organisations income is spent appropriately.
- Help the organisation focus on its key objectives as set out in strategic and annual business plan.
The board meet on 6 occasions per annum in Derry, Northern Ireland. Each meeting lasts approximately two hours. Board members are required to attend all board meetings unless a prior notice of absence is given.
- A knowledge or interest in music, education, youth and community or the arts sector
- A commitment to the development of the organisation, its activity and progression
- Arts administration or management background
- Youth and Community administration or management background
- Human resources and staff management
- Commercial acumen and business development
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for the position please forward your CV by the closing date of Friday 23rd October 2015.
Via email: email@example.com
Please visit our website and social pages to see the kind of exciting work you could be involved in
Listen to director Donna Mc Guinness chat to Gaining Ground’s Aly Mc Elroy about her rewarding role on the board and the dynamic work Bounce Culture are carrying out in the Northern Irish arts, youth and community sector.