The Department of Education (DE) is seeking to appoint 4 representative members to the NICIE Board. Applications are welcome from those with an interest in serving in the education sector. The DE members are appointed primarily to bring added breadth to the Board’s overall membership by drawing in individuals who are not necessarily associated directly with the education service but who have gained their experience from other backgrounds including business or commercial life and/or involvement in the community. For example, human resource, legal or media experience would be considered beneficial to the overall skills composition of the Board.
NICIE is a non departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and supported by DE. Its role is to promote integrated education and to perform a wide range of roles in facilitating the development of integrated education. Further information can be found on the NICIE(external link opens in a new window / tab) website
How to Apply
An application pack is available to download below or obtained by contacting DE as follows:
Contact names: Trish McBride or Barbara Baird Telephone: (028) 9127 7684 or 9127 9860 or 9127 9461 Voicemail: (028) 9127 9860
- Text phone: 18001 (028) 9127 9461
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.nidirect.gov.uk/public-appointment-vacancies(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Or by writing to: Education Governance Team
Application Packs can be made available in other formats e.g. Braille, large print, Irish Language. If you require an application pack in a different format please contact us at the above address.
- application form
- equal opportunities monitoring form
- information booklet
- criteria based selection – a guidance note for applicants
- probity and conflicts of interest – guidance for candidates
- commissioner for public appointments Northern Ireland (CPANI)