AFBI is a DARD Executive Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) set up under the powers of the Agriculture (NI) Order 2004. It is empowered under the Order to undertake scientific work (research and development, testing, advice and information on scientific matters and dissemination of the results of scientific research) in the fields of agriculture, animal health and welfare, food, fisheries, forestry, the natural environment and rural development and enterprise. Further information about the organisation can be obtained from the AFBI website at www.afbini.gov.uk.
Given the range of posts to be filled and the need to achieve a balance of skills across the Board, the Department has identified a need for Board members who have one or more of the following:
- financial planning and management skills
- experience of the agriculture or food sectors
- experience within a business development environment in any sector.
- AFBI Board Member Appointment – Advertisement (Microsoft Word, 93 Kb)
- AFBI Board Member Appointment – Press Release (Microsoft Word, 20 Kb)
- AFBI Board Member Appointment – Candidate Information Document (Microsoft Word, 220 Kb)
- AFBI Board Member Appointment – Application Form (Microsoft Word, 312 Kb)
- CPANI Guidance on Conflict of Interest, Integrity and How to Raise a Complaint (Portable Document Format, 145 Kb)
Upper Newtownards Road
Belfast, BT4 3SB