First Minister the Rt Hon Peter D Robinson MLA and deputy First Minister, Martin McGuinness MLA, today announced the following appointments to the Strategic Investment Board.
Mrs Kathryn Thomson and Mr Daniel McSorley have been appointed as Non Executive Directors for a three year term on 1 September 2015 and 1 November 2015 respectively.
Mrs Thomson brings senior management level skills and financial expertise and experience. She has been the Chief Operating Officer of Tourism Northern Ireland (TNI) for eight years and has worked in TNI since 2005. She is a Director and Trustee on the Board of three charities – the Simon Community (since 2010) of which she is also the Treasurer; Replay Productions (since 2011) of which she is Chair; and, Open House Festival (since April 2015). She has been a Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) since 1998. She has no public appointments. Mrs Thomson has not declared any political activity within the last five years.
Mr McSorley brings senior management level skills with strategic management experience in the public and district council sectors. He was the Chief Executive of Omagh District Council from 2001-2015 and was also Chief Executive of Strabane District Council from 2011-2015. He previously served as the Chief Executive of Strabane District Council from 1999-2001. He set up the Rivers Agency in 1996 and served as Chief Executive until 1999. Mr McSorley was awarded the OBE in New Year Honours 2015 for services to Local Government. He is Chair of the Safety Technical Group for the DCAL Stadia Project. He has no public appointments. Mr McSorley has not declared any political activity within the last five years.
These appointments have been made in accordance with the CPA NI Code of Practice.
Notes to editors:
1. The Strategic Investment Board Ltd (SIB) was legally established as a company, limited by guarantee by the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister on 1 April 2003. For administrative purposes it is classified as an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body, sponsored by OFMDFM.
2. SIB Supports the Northern Ireland Executive to deliver major and complex investment projects successfully – helping to accelerate the ongoing transformation of the region into an excellent location in which to live, work and invest. Detailed information on the Strategic Investment Board can be accessed at the Strategic Investment Board website http://www.sibni.org
3. The board of SIB is made up of a Chair and six Non-Executive Director members.
4. The position of Non Executive Director of the Strategic Investment Board Ltd carries an annual remuneration of £11,110.
5. These appointments have been made in accordance with the CPA NI Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments requires the political activity of appointees to be published.