The Secretary of State for Health is looking to appoint up to 5 Members to the Human Tissue Authority. The HTA is the independent regulator for the removal, storage and use of tissue for research, medical treatment, post mortem examination, teaching and display in public, for the UK except Scotland. It aims to maintain public confidence by ensuring that human tissue is used safely and ethically, and with proper consent.
• pathology or histopathology (essential for one of the posts) as HTA benefits greatly from insight into and experience of practice in the post mortem sector.
• (Medico – legal) Law;
• communications; and
• commercial biotech or pharmaceutical sector
Successful applicants will demonstrate interest in the work of the HTA and the expertise to make a strong contribution to the Board, provide effective scrutiny and challenge to the Executive and hold them to account for the delivery of performance and delivery of its strategy; think strategically with sound judgement on complex and sensitive issues; and
exercise the highest standards of personal propriety in relation to governance, accountability, risk and financial management.
To be considered for appointment you must be also able to demonstrate that you have the following core qualities, skills and experience:
• commitment to the objectives of the HTA and with the interest and drive to make a real contribution to the Board;
• ability to provide effective scrutiny and challenge to the Executive and to hold them to account for the delivery of performance and the delivery of its strategy;
• ability to think strategically and to exercise sound judgement on complex and sensitive issues; and
• the highest standards of personal propriety in relation to governance, accountability, risk and financial management.
In addition, for one of the roles it is essential you have senior expertise in:
• pathology or histapathology
For the remaining roles, it is desirable that candidates can demonstrate experience of:
• (Medico – legal) Law
• Communications; or
• Commercial biotech or pharmaceutical sector.
Remuneration £7883.00 – 2-3 days per month
Closing date 03rd December 2015
How to Apply
To make an application please send a CV, supporting letter and completed monitoring form (attached) to the address below:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference and area of expertise for the post you are applying for in the subject field, or post to: Viona Pereira-Marron, Department of Health, Room 1N09, Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds, LS2 7UE. Applications must be received by midday on 3 December 2015.
|Monitoring Form (inc GIS) – Public|
|Information Pack – FINAL (3)|