The Odyssey is the Landmark Millennium Project for Northern Ireland and is owned by the Odyssey Trust Company Limited (OTC), a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. The Odyssey is a unique entertainment and educational venue sited at Queen’s Quay, Belfast, comprising 3 main areas
- The Arena, which seats 10,000 people where ice hockey games, concerts, and family shows are held.
- W5, an interactive discovery and educational centre.
- The Pavilion, which comprises the multiplex cinema, ten pin bowling and a range of restaurants.
The OTC Board oversees and manages the investment in the Odyssey to ensure its ongoing viability and promotes its continuing development for the benefit of the people of Northern Ireland.
AT A TIME OF EXCITING CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT OTC NOW WISHES TO APPOINT UP TO 3 NEW BOARD MEMBERS.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
Senior management experience (defined as Board level or equivalent) in a public, private, voluntary or community sector organisation, or in professional practice.
Evidence that they meet the following competency requirements:
- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Planning
- Analytical skills
- An understanding of financial management information
- Communication / Interpersonal skills.
Due to retirements and in the interests of achieving a balance of expertise and skills, it is desirable that some of the appointees should have experience in the areas of:
- Business growth;
- The legal profession;
- Commercial Development.
- The appointments are for a term of 4 years, with the possibility for extension for a further 4 years. Time commitment will be approximately 1 day per month. The roles are not remunerated, however expenses are payable.
In order to seek to have a diverse Board representative of the community of Northern Ireland, applications are particularly welcome from all sections of the community and from individuals living / working outside greater Belfast.
Closing date for receipt of application is 5.00pm on 15th April 2016 (By post only).
An application pack can be obtained by contacting Tony Payne, Company Secretary, The Odyssey Trust Company Ltd, 2 Queens Quay, Belfast BT3 9QQ