The role of Non-Executive Board Member is a key post on the NCA Board, essential to the success of the agency. He or she will use their knowledge, skills and experience to bring an independent perspective, and to offer constructive advice and challenge and, where applicable, specialist knowledge to the Board’s strategic vision and performance of the agency.
There are currently three Non-Executive Board Members and the NCA is seeking a fourth to join the Board.
To complement the experience of the existing Non-Executive Board Members, ideally this candidate will have senior experience in intelligence, security or counter-terrorism matters.
The specific focus will be on the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A proven track record of leading and managing complex organisations at a senior level (essential), preferably at Board level or equivalent.
- Experience of leading and managing organisational restructure or change. Individuals with expertise in professional standards and a background in successful culture change and change management would be particularly valuable.
- Senior experience from within a UK intelligence or security organisation, with experience in intelligence, security or counter-terrorism matters is desirable.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- First class communication skills, with the breadth of vision, innovation and credibility to understand what the agency can achieve and to advise on how to make it happen;
- The ability to command the confidence of NCA Board members and wider stakeholders within government, law enforcement and beyond;
- The ability to provide constructive challenge at Board level to established patterns of thinking;
- The ability to deploy experience of working with a range of diverse organisations and values to bring benefit to the agency as a whole.
Please see below role specification.
How to Apply
All applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, direct telephone number 01925 896730, by the deadline of the 12 July 2016.
Your email application should include:
Declaration of Interests Form;
NCA monitoring form (personal details); and
NCA monitoring form (political activity).
Closing date for applications is 12 July 2016.
|Remuneration:||£15,000 per annum|
|Time Requirements:||20-24 days per annum|
|NCA Monitoring Form – Political Activity|
|NCA Declaration of Interests – Form|
|NCA Monitoring Form – Personal Details|
|NEBM Spec Final 21 06 16|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.