The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Schools, Lord Nash, is seeking four outstanding individuals to appoint as Non-Executive Board Members of LocatED.
LocatED is an innovative new body being established in September 2016, which will be mandated to buy and develop sites for free schools. With 500 new schools due to open by 2020, we anticipate LocatED will become one of the largest purchasers of land in the UK.
Experience of the commercial property and/or construction sectors is essential. Substantial senior leadership is experience is desirable. Knowledge and experience in one or more of: strategy; finance; governance; and delivering change is desirable.
- Closing date: 18 July 2016 @09:00am
- Remuneration: £15,000 per annum
- Time Requirement: 1-2 days per month up to 20 days per annum
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
● A commitment to exercising impartial and independent judgement, drawing sound conclusions that differentiate and weigh up competing arguments that are capable of justification under close scrutiny.
● Senior leadership experience in the private, public or voluntary sectors, to provide effective challenge and support.
● Outstanding relationship building skills, with the ability to command respect, build networks quickly and work with and through others to achieve objectives.
● Excellent communication skills, including a demonstrable ability to operate effectively and comfortably as an ambassador for the organisation.
● High standards of integrity, commitment to public service values, and an understanding of the principles and practices of corporate governance.
Experience of the commercial property and/or construction sectors is essential.
Knowledge and experience in one or more of: strategy; finance; governance; and delivering change is desirable.
Prior experience as a Non-Executive Board Member is desirable.
Applicants will be tested against these criteria in their application form and any subsequent interview.
We are also recruiting for a Chair of the Board of LocatED.
For more information, please e-mail:Recruitment.LOCATED@education.gsi.gov.uk or call: 02072275183.
Further information can be found in the candidate information pack.
How to Apply
a CV of no more than three sides of A4;
a supporting statement of not more than two sides of A4, setting out how you meet the person and role specification for the post you are interested in; and
a monitoring form covering your personal information and political activity. (The monitoring form should be sent in a separate document).
|Non Executive Board Members – LocatED Candidate Information FV LN|
|public appointments monitoring form|
This post is NOT regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments.