The AFPRB provides independent, evidence-based advice on Armed Forces’ pay to the Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Defence. In making recommendations, it takes into account the need to recruit, retain and motivate suitable people in the context of Service life, Government policies for improving services, funding, the inflation target and the need for Armed Forces’ pay to be broadly comparable with civilians.
For this particular role, we are looking for an individual with experience of working in a large public sector organisation at Board level. A successful candidate for this role will also need to be able to apply intellectual rigour to the remuneration of Service Personnel, cognisant of public sector pay policy and demonstrate the following:
- The ability to analyse and evaluate large amounts of detailed written and oral information.
- Strong influencing and communication skills.
- Sharp and clear thinking, with the ability to pursue active debate and logical argument.
- The ability to command the confidence of key stakeholders including Ministers, Review Body colleagues, Senior Government officials and those within the remit group.
- Understanding of the broader context of changes in public sector management as well as public sector pay policy.
- High standards of corporate and personal conduct.
Candidates must be a British or Commonwealth citizen or a Republic of Ireland national.
Meetings of the Review Body are held on Wednesdays, the majority of which are held between September and March. Visits to Service units take place between April and July. The successful applicant will need to undertake security vetting before taking up their post.
|Location:||Predominantly London. The AFPRB also conducts visits to Service units in the UK and overseas, including operational theatres.|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Remuneration:||£300 a day, plus reasonable travel expenses.|
|Time Requirements:||Up to 35 days per year|
|Closing Date:||26/08/2016 at 12:00|
|Interviews:||Wednesday 26 October 2016|
How to Apply
Please see attached documents. Please complete and return the Expression of Interest Form, Monitoring Information Form and a copy of your most recent CV to: DBSCivPers-ResNONSTDAPPTS@mod.uk.
Alternatively you may request copies of the application pack attached by sending an email to this address, quoting reference 10055.
|01- 10055_AFPRB-Expression of Interest Form|
|02 -10055_AFPRB-Monitoring Information Form|
|00 – 10055-AFPRB Member-Information Pack|