Belfast City Centre Management (BCCM) was established in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee. BCCM, which is a partnership between the public and private sectors, is funded by Belfast City Council and the Department for Communities and operates in partnership with Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce and the Belfast One Business Improvement District. Within this partnership, BCCM delivers and manages a range of innovative initiatives which enhance economic performance, the presentation of public space and perceptions of safety in Belfast City Centre.
Belfast City Centre is experiencing a strong economic recovery, which can be seen in the recent entrance of new retail brands, the development of a number of new hotels and the successful election by businesses of Business Improvement Districts. There is now an opportunity to accelerate Belfast City Centre’s economic growth, enhancing further the vibrancy of the City Centre and delivering a centre of excellence in retail, business, arts and culture, and leisure and entertainment.
The Board of Belfast City Centre Management is seeking to appoint a Chairman who understands the diverse challenges facing city centres and who will provide leadership in this context. The successful candidate will need to:
- Provide leadership and direction to the BCCM Board in fulfilling its responsibilities for company governance and strategic direction.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of key stakeholders and decision-makers across Belfast.
- Build an effective and supportive working relationship with the Belfast City Centre Manager and senior BCCM staff.
- Monitor organisational performance including financial performance and the delivery of agreed Business Plans.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they are strategic thinkers, capable of providing leadership and achieving successful organisational outcomes in a partnership context.
It is anticipated that this role will require a time commitment of no more than 30 days per annum, to include Chairing Bi-Monthly Board meetings.
Honorarium dependent on skills and experience
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter to William McGivern, BCCM Chairman; either to the address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org The covering letter must state:
- What from your experience to date would enable you to perform this role well.
- What you uniquely could bring to this role.
For further information please contact Andrew Irvine, Belfast City Centre Manager, by email at email@example.com or by telephone 028 9024 2111.
BCCM, Sinclair House, 95-101 Royal Avenue, Belfast. BT1 1FE