The Department of Communities is seeking to appoint a Chair, Vice-Chair and up to 3 Members to the Board of Sport NI.
Sport NI’s mission is to lead sports development at all levels producing more participants and more winners. It works with partner organisations to ensure that sport contributes to a united community, and that people and athletes are provided with the conditions to enjoy, engage and excel in sport.
- remuneration:The Chair position attracts remuneration of £280 per day, plus travel and subsistence allowances in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.The Vice-Chair position attracts remuneration of £3,500 per year, plus travel and subsistence allowances in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.Board Member appointments are unpaid. However, travel and subsistence allowances will be payable in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates. The time commitment required for all Board Members is at least 24 days per year.
- period of appointment: up to 4 years commencing from 01 December 2016
- The Chair position will require an initial commitment of 8 days per month, which may be subject to review.The Vice-Chair position will require a commitment of approximately 30 days per year.The Board Member positions will require a commitment of at least 24 days per year.
- regulated by CPA NI: yes
- closing date: noon on Friday 30 September 2016
How to Apply
To apply, please send:
- a completed application form and
- equal opportunities monitoring form
to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Public Appointments Unit
Department for Communities
1-7 Bedford Street
Further information can be found in the Candidate information booklet.