Creative Exchange is an artists’ studios in East Belfast that delivers noteworthy projects on a national and international scale. We are currently looking for volunteers to join the Board.
About Creative Exchange
Creative Exchange will celebrate its 20th birthday this year. We are an artists’ studio, based in East Belfast, core funded by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland (ACNI). We work on individual and collective projects, most notably Art In The East Side, Ireland’s largest outdoor exhibition. In line with our next AGM in September, we are now looking for volunteers to join the Board.
Board Member Role
The Creative Exchange Board works with the Studio Administrator and Studio Members to ensure that the organisation is effectively and properly run. Board members are advocates for Creative Exchange Artists Studios and their work.
The Board is responsible for guaranteeing that Creative Exchange operates within best practice guidelines and oversee operations.
As a member of the Board, you will be required to:
- Monitor Creative Exchange Artists Studio’s performance against agreed objectives as laid out by ACNI and Visual Artists Ireland
- Be advocates of Creative Exchange Artist Studios
- Have knowledge and skills in areas relevant to the running of the organisation
- Oversee and approve financial reports and accounts
- Attend monthly Board meetings (note that these may move to quarterly in due course)
- Attend the Annual General Meeting
- Support special events and exhibitions
- Identify opportunities for funding and support in the development of funding applications
- Support (and participation in) fundraising events
- Help identify and oversea opportunities for development
- Participate in Board sub-committees as required in the following areas:
- PR and marketing
- Attend Board Member training as required.
Board Member Person Specification
Successful candidates will have evidenced experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Marketing and/or PR and communications
- Business development
- Event delivery and/or management
- Education and outreach
- Community engagement and/or capacity building in the arts
- An enthusiasm for working within the not-for-profit arts sectors
- Previous Board or management experience is preferable but not essential
- An arts background and/or knowledge of the arts scene in Belfast would be advantageous.
Benefits of becoming a Board Member of Creative Exchange
- Involvement with innovative and exciting local artists with a national and international profile
- Involvement in the development of inspirational and aspirational arts programming
- Development of knowledge and engagement with the Belfast arts sector
- Development of team-working and project management skills
- Increased experience in crafting funding applications and evaluations
- Expansion of arts and business network
- Enhancement of CV and personal development
- Sharing knowledge and experience for the benefit of others
- Benefitting the local and wider community through the arts.
To find out more about Creative Exchange please visit creativeexchange.org.uk
To apply, please email a covering letter detailing your area of expertise, what you feel you will contribute to Creative Exchange and why you would like to be involved, along with an up to date CV, by noon on Friday, 26 August 2016 to email@example.com.
Creative Exchange aims to promote equality and diversity and encourages applications for board membership from all communities.
It is anticipated that applicants will be selected by interview process aiming to conclude and appoint Board members by mid November 2016. There is no remuneration associated with a Board position.
If you are interested in enhancing your own skills and development as well as supporting a dynamic group of artists and innovative arts projects, then this could be the opportunity for you! We are an operational Board so you will have a chance to really get involved in helping to continuously progress the organisation.
The deadline for applications is Friday 23 September 2016.
- Creative Exchange Artists Studios
- Unit B4 Portview Trade Centre, 310 Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 1HE
- 028 9045 2299