Applications are invited from members of the public who consider they possess the skills and experience necessary to join the Board of Eirgrid . Appointments may be made with regard to ensuring that there are at least two members on the Board with the relevant experience who are normally resident in Northern Ireland.
Applicants may apply under one or more of the following headings:
- Accounting/Finance Expertise
- Strategy/Policy Development in the Energy Sector
- Local Government Experience
- Stakeholder Engagement/Marketing/PR
From July 1st 2006, EirGrid assumed the role of Transmission System Operator and Market Operator.
Pursuant to The Electricity Regulation (Amendment) (Single Electricity Market) Act 2007 which provided for the establishment of the Single Electricity Market on an all-island basis, EirGrid together with SONI Ltd, Market Operator in Northern Ireland, operate the wholesale electricity market in Ireland known as SEMO (Single Electricity Market Operator).
- Remuneration: €12,600 per annum; travel and subsistence will be provided for at normal Civil Service rates
- Period of appointment and commencement date: Under the Act, appointments to the Board will be for an initial period of up to 5 years with an option to extend the term of engagement for a second term of up to 5 years
Commencement date will be confirmed when the successful candidate has been confirmed by the Minister.
- Time commitment: 2 to 3 days per month inclusive of Board meetings, Committee meetings and preparation.
- Regulated by CPA NI: No
- Closing date: the closing date for applications is 3pm on the 16th January 2017
You can find out more information including how to apply at the link below: