Applications are now invited from applicants who consider they possess the skills and experience necessary to join the Board.
The Candidate will have extensive director level/senior management experience in a large commercial organisation, a commercial state sponsored body or professional services firm in one or more of the following;
Customer Service / Marketing
The candidate must demonstrate extensive professional experience in customer service or marketing at an appropriately senior level in a large commercial organisation or a commercial state sponsored body with at least one of the following:
• significant experience of the delivery of a customer focused marketing and operational delivery programme
• significant experience/understanding of the adoption of digital and social media based marketing, sales programme in a large customer service delivery organisation
The candidate must demonstrate extensive senior human resources management experience in a commercial organisation or a commercial state sponsored body. They must also demonstrate experience in the development, delivery and sustained management of a major organisational and people development and change programme
Desirable Criteria for both roles
Experience of Board membership
Candidate’s attention is drawn to the provisions of the Code in relation to the role of a Board member, where the principle states:-
• Each State body should be headed by an effective Board which is collectively responsible for the long-term sustainability of the body.
• Non-executive Board members should bring an independent judgement to bear on issues of strategy, performance resources, key appointments and standard of conduct.
Details on the role of Board Members can be found in Section 3 of the Code which can be found here.
- CLOSING DATE 13TH JANUARY 2017
Appointment to be made by
- Minister for Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Location of Board Meetings