The Safeguarding Board for Northern Ireland (SBNI) has responsibility for improving interagency co-operation on the safeguarding of children. It monitors how its member agencies are co-operating together and how they are performing against the statutory duty to make arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- The Non-Executive Members require no specific formal qualifications however all applicants must meet the following four essential criteria:
- Business Sense; Corporate Governance; Stakeholder Engagement; Self Awareness and Personal Contribution.
Additional criteria for Chair Post
- Applicants for the Non-Executive Chair post must meet the following additional criterion: Leadership.
Applicants can apply for one or more category of membership.
- Chair Remuneration £35,023 per annum
- Time Commitment 3 days per week
- Member Remuneration £6,367 per annum
- Time Commitment 2 days per month
The Department of Health is committed to encouraging a diverse range of applicants for public appointments and to the principle of appointment on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. Applications are welcomed from all backgrounds regardless of religious belief, gender, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents. Applications are particularly welcome from women, people under 30 years of age, members of ethnic minorities and people with disabilities as these groups are currently underrepresented on HSC bodies. Please visit the Department’s website at https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/doh-public-appointments for more information about Public Appointments.
For further information and an application form:-
Telephone: 028 9076 5606
Write to: DoH Public Appointments Unit, Room D1, Castle Buildings, Stormont Estate, Belfast BT4 3SQ.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon on Thursday 2 March 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Information Packs and application forms can be provided in alternative formats and applicants who require assistance will be facilitated on request. Applicants invited for interview will be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travelling expenses.