Praxis Care, Northern Ireland’s leading Mental Health and Learning Disability Charity, is seeking to appoint an Accountant to join its Board and Finance Committee
The post would suit someone who has demonstrable knowledge and / or experience of working with an organisation employing over 1,000 staff and working in 4 jurisdictions.
Praxis Care, registered as a charity in 1983, is a major provider of services for adults and children with a learning disability, mental ill health, acquired brain injury and for older people, including people with dementia. Praxis Care employs 1,400 staff operating across Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, England and the Isle of Man.
Experience in corporate governance would be an advantage.
The estimated time would be around six hours a month on a pro bono basis.
We are currently seeking to attract a new member to our Governing Board specifically to sit on the Finance Committee to:
- Further develop our financial strategy and IT based financial management systems.
- Oversee budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- Liaise with designated staff about financial matters.
- Ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Ensure recommendations of the auditors are implemented.
- Ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies.
- Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- Ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the charity.
Profile of candidates sought (knowledge, skills and experience)
This individual must be an Accountant and have the ability to make sound judgments and critical appraisals and have experience working at a senior level within a large organisation.
We are particularly keen to benefit from your knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Strategy
- Budget Setting
- Financial Monitoring Review
- Business Development
Approx. Time Commitment (ie Board meetings held quarterly with the option of Sub Committee membership)
6 hours per month
How to apply or to seek further info
- Jo-Anne Lyttle, PA to Chair / CEO, Praxis Care, 25-31 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7AA