I Can, You Can, WE CAN – Join Us?
There’s no one quite like CAN. We are a User-led organisation working with over 240 people with learning disabilities. We are known for our innovative practice and are the only organisation in the area who can genuinely claim to offer holistic support to our service users and members – offering friendship, social/leisure/work/training/health programmes, advocacy and signposting. We are pro-active and responsive to need, constantly seeking to better serve our members and our community through our projects, services and social enterprises.
Our services stretch throughout the Causeway Area, Mid and East Antrim but we are recognised as a Model of Best Practice, sharing our learning and influencing policy throughout NI. We have a voluntary Board of Trustees who are responsible for the leadership and direction of the organisation. The board works in partnership with the CEO and Senior Management team in ensuring delivery of the strategic plan to meet the needs of people with learning disabilities.
We would love to hear from you if you have experience in any one of the following, if you have other experience you would like to offer the charity, let us know:
- Public Relations / Marketing Communications
- Accountancy/ Finance
- Business Management (Preferably SME)
- Digital Media
- HR Management
Full board meetings occur quarterly, with sub-committee meetings across the year and individuals are asked to commit the time necessary to responsibly fulfill their commitment to CAN, which is roughly 10 days per year.
This is what is in it for you in being a Trustee of CAN:
- Share being part of an innovative organisation with a passionate, creative and committed SMT and experienced staff team;
- Have a significant impact in improving the lives of young people and adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health issues;
- Help an organisation going through a significant change process to best meet the needs of its stakeholders;
- Avail of personal and professional development opportunities during your tenure;
- Develop into an office bearer roles;
- Opportunity to develop further professional networks.
If you would be interested in learning more about this role and CAN, please:
Closing date for applications Monday 12th June 2017 at 12noon.