The Board of Trustees of Age NI are seeking to appoint a Chairperson who shares its passion and embodies the culture and values of the organisation. This is a well-run organisation that has benefited from exceptional leadership in recent years and is well placed to meet the challenges ahead under this new Chair. The organisation is approaching the future with determination in its vision ‘a world where everyone can enjoy later life’. This vision is the compass and the values of the organisation guide those involved on their journey. Age NI exists to protect and serve our older people.
Your primary role is to lead the Board of Trustees to ensure delivery of the strategic priorities. key responsibilities are:
- Providing strategic leadership
- Working with the Chief Executive to plan the annual Board agenda and information
- Ensuring the timely conduct of all Board business
- Responsible for Board appointments and the performance of individual members
- Taking the lead in building links, at Board level, with partner organisations and other key stakeholders
- Delivering on external representation roles and speaking frequently within the public realm on behalf of Age NI
- Experience of operating at board level in a public, private, voluntary or community sector organisation.
- Experience of making an effective contribution to leading an organisation whilst providing clear effective support and constructive challenge as part of a senior management team.
- Experience of overseeing arrangements for good financial management and the ability to critically analyse financial statements.
- An awareness of the work of Age NI and an empathy for the challenges and issues faced by older people.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the required experience and necessary attributes, then please contact Neal Lucas Executive Search for a further discussion or to request an application form on 028 9268 8818 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application and monitoring forms should be returned before the closing date of 5pm on Friday 29th September 2017.