Following a skills audit the Ulster Hockey Board has agreed that it requires a Board Member with skills in marketing, communications and PR to contribute to the work of the Board and provide strategic oversight and guidance for staff in this area. With reducing public sector funding to Ulster Hockey, the Management Board has recognised the urgent need to raise the profile of the organisation and increase income from a more diverse range of sources, in order to maintain and grow the existing services Ulster Hockey can offer.
As well undertaking the role of a Board Member, the Board would envisage the new Member providing particular skills and knowledge in the following aspects of Ulster Hockey’s work:
- Work with the Management Board to develop and implement a Marketing and Commercial strategy for the organisation;
- Oversee the processes for the negotiation, finalisation, implementation and review of sponsorship agreements.
- Provide oversight and guidance on the design and usage of promotional and communications resources for Ulster Hockey events and programmes.
- Skills and at least 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications and PR;
- An interest in the development of sport
- Whilst it is desirable that applicants have previous Board experience, this is not essential.
Further information and details on how to apply can be downloaded below:
The application form can be downloaded below:
Closing date: no later than 4.00pm on Friday 5th January 2017.