The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has launched a competition to appoint seven members to a new body, the Tuberculosis Eradication Partnership (TBEP) from 1 April 2018.
Appointments will be for one chairperson and six other members.
The TBEP will be a DAERA sponsored Expert Advisory Body.
The range of positions to be filled need to achieve a balance of skills and backgrounds including:
- a Chairperson with proven leadership and inter-personal skills to do this role
- two people representative of the Northern Ireland farming community
- a person representative of the Northern Ireland processing sector
- a person representative of nature conservation issues
- a person with a recognised qualification and experience as a veterinarian delivering services to the farming industry in Northern Ireland
- a person with a suitable scientific background relevant to Bovine TB
Applicants with the relevant skills and experience may apply for the position of Partnership Chair, Partnership Member, or both.
Applications would be particularly welcome from women as they are under-represented on public bodies in Northern Ireland.
A detailed candidate information booklet and application form can be downloaded from the DAERA website:
- Appointment chair and members Northern Ireland Tuberculosis Eradication Partnership board(external link opens in a new window / tab)
The deadline for receipt of applications is 2.00 pm on Friday 26 January 2018.