The Department of Health is seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Chair and Non-Executive Members (1 with financial experience) to the Patient and Client Council (PCC). Initial appointments will be for a maximum period of 4 years from June 2018.
This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Northern Ireland.
The Department is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. It is committed to providing equality of opportunity and welcomes applications regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants.
We particularly welcome applications from women, young people, people with disabilities and people from the local ethnic minority communities as these are currently under-represented in Non-Executive roles.
- The overarching objective of the PCC is to provide a powerful, independent voice for patients, clients, carers, and communities on health and social care issues through the exercise of the following functions:
- engaging with the public to obtain their views on services and engaging with Health and Social Care (HSC) organisations to ensure that the needs and expectations of the public are addressed in the planning, commissioning and delivery of health and social care services;
- promoting the involvement of patients, clients, carers and the public in the design, planning, commissioning and delivery of health and social care;
- providing assistance to individuals making or intending to make a complaint relating to health and social care;
- promoting the provision of advice and information to the public by the HSC about the design, commissioning and delivery of health and social care services.
The Non-Executive Chair and Non-Executive Members require no specific qualifications, however all applicants must meet the following four essential criteria:
Strategic Thinking; Corporate Governance; Stakeholder Participation; and Self Awareness & Personal Contribution.
Applicants for the Non-Executive Chair post must meet the following additional criterion: Leadership.
The PCC is keen to appoint a member with financial experience and expertise. Financial experience and expertise can be held by applicants across any of the categories advertised; whilst financial skills are not mandatory for any of the categories advertised, one appointment will be reserved for a successful applicant with financial experience and expertise in order to comply with Northern Ireland Audit Office recommendations. Applicants will be required to satisfy the following additional criterion:
- He/she must have experience of Financial Management in an organisation with an annual financial budget/turnover of at least £1.5 million.
Applicants can apply for one or more category of membership.
- Non-Executive Chair – £16,832 per annum with a time commitment of 1.5 days per week
- Non-Executive Member – £3,601 per annum with a time commitment of 2 days per month
Further information and application forms available below.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12:00 noon on Thursday 15 February 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Information Packs and application forms can be provided in alternative formats and applicants who require assistance will be facilitated on request. Applicants invited for interview will be eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travelling expenses.