We are currently seeking nominations to join our IoD Northern Ireland Committee
The IoD is committed to ensuring we represented a broad and diverse mix from the Northern Ireland business community. We would particularly welcome and encourage applications from IoD members: North West & Newry area; young directors; with an expertise in Brexit or with an expertise in Management & Leadership.
About the committee
Our IoD NI Committee members are senior decision makers in their business, either CEO-level or responsible for a significant faction of their business.
Role of NI Committee:
To provide strategic advice on issues concerning or impacting on our 850 IoD members in NI; engagement and recruitment of members and our support of the successful rollout of our IoD NI Professional Development Academy.
Composition of IoD NI Committee:
Regional Chair IoD Northern Ireland
IoD National Council representative
14 elected members
Role of NI Committee member:
– Quarterly NI committee members which last approx. two hours. We ask that you attend at least three out four committee meetings in a year as a minimum requirement
– Actively engaged in committee discussion and be a strong advocate for IoD membership in Northern Ireland
– Represent the IoD NI at meeting with politicians or senior government representatives.
The Election Process
We are currently seeking nominations to our IoD NI Committee, deadline is 5.00pm on Friday 9th February 2018.
We will hold an election where all members will be able to vote for their chosen NI committee members from 12th February to 23rd February 2018. The information you provide in your Application form will be used in the election process.
If you are successful elected to IoD NI Committee:
• Your term will be begin April 2018 until March 2021 (3 year term)
• March 2021 you may run for Re-election for another 3 year term until March 2024
• March 2024 your two year term is completed
• Wait 2 years before applying for NI Committee membership again