Institute for Conflict Research are looking to recruit a voluntary member to its Board of Trustees. The role of the Board Members is to contribute to the effective governance of Institute for Conflict Research in promoting its aims/objectives.
The Institute for Conflict Research is an organisation which specialises in working on issues related to conflict, human rights, social transformation and social justice. It is an independent not for profit company limited by guarantee with charitable status and managed by a board of directors drawn from the community, voluntary and academic sectors. ICR works with and for central and local government, statutory agencies and the community and voluntary sector across Northern Ireland. ICR also works internationally on a consultative basis or in partnerships to advocate and promote good practice in policy and delivery.
ICR undertakes a diverse range of work related to its core research activity. We
- Design, develop and source funding for research projects
- Respond to commissions and tenders, mainly from government departments and statutory bodies
- Develop and deliver training, community development and education work
- Tailor summer schools, residentials, tours and Northern Ireland induction programmes for non residents and overseas companies
- Produce and event manage conferences, arts initiatives and other
- Conduct research, support and training projects for and with community-based group
- Sit on a variety of government steering groups and panels locally and internationally
- Provide advice, support and assistance to academics, students, independent researchers, journalists and other professionals visiting the region
- Undertake the evaluation of a wide range of projects and programmes of work.
- Work in a range of partnerships locally and internationally including government departments, statutory service providers, private sector bodies and educational establishments.
The role of the Board Members is to contribute to the effective governance of Institute for Conflict Research in promoting its aims/objectives. We are seeking to recruit 1 new voluntary member to its Board of Trustees. We are looking for individuals with a background in the private, public or voluntary sectors with skills in the following areas: Accountancy, Human Resources, Legal Profession, Media/ Public Relations or IT.
We require our board members to have the following qualities:- Commitment to the organisation, Integrity, Strategic Vision, Good Independent Judgement, Ability to work in a team, Willingness to participate in discussions and to be well informed about ICR purpose and operating environment.
ICR respects and promotes equal opportunity and positively welcomes applications from all groups. We particularly welcome those active in the BME community sector.
Please email a letter briefly outlining how you meet the qualities and needs of ICR to be a successful board member to email@example.com by Friday 30th March 2018 by 9pm
Please make a note of how did you hear about this role on your letter eg Strictly Boardroom