We are ambitious as an organisation and want to grow our services to support more people. As part of this drive we would like to invite interested people to apply to sit as Trustees on our Charity’s board.
There are two main roles of the board; Supporting and scrutinising the CEO on the basis of Good Corporate Governance and assisting in the formulating of strategy to achieve Nexus NI’s objectives.
There are uncertain and challenging times ahead for the community and voluntary sector and Nexus wants to equip itself with a broad and appropriate skills base to ensure our sustainability.
We are looking for several trustees with particular skills in:
- Financial Expertise – will have experience of financial management. As part of the Board, will work with the Chair/Treasurer to oversee the charity’s financial goals as well as other strategic aims.
- Counselling/Psychotherapy background – will have experience of work in this field ideally from professional career. .
- Property/Asset Management Experience – will have experience of managing/refurbishing property and/or of property markets in NI.
- Legal Experience – will have experience of law and some knowledge or interest in charity law specifically.
As a board member of Nexus NI you have the opportunity to do the following:
- Help to steer the strategic direction of a charity with over 30 years’ experience within its field
- Avail of personal and professional development opportunities during your tenure
- Develop within the board into office bearer roles
- Have an impact in the lives of those who have been affected by sexual violence
- Opportunity to develop further professional networks
Board meetings happen bi-monthly and normally last for up to 2 hours. Committee meetings which normally happen quarterly, last up to 2 hours.
How to apply or to seek further info
If you are interested please contact our CEO Cara Cash-Marley on 02890 326803/07803625279 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please complete application form and return
by post to CEO, Nexus NI, 119 University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP
By email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 25 May 2018 at midnight
Return monitoring form to
HR, Nexus NI, 119 University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HP
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org