Are you up to the challenge?
Dungannon Enterprise Centre is preparing a database of local people expressing an interest in serving on a voluntary Board of Directors in the future. Applicants interested in further information should contact the Chief Executive’s office for an Information Pack. Tel: 028 87723489 or email: email@example.com
Dungannon Enterprise Centre was officially opened in 1991 and is one of 32 Local Enterprise Agencies (L.E.A.’s) in Northern Ireland predominantly serving the rural area of Dungannon and South Tyrone Borough Council.
The Enterprise Centre is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors made up of representatives of the local business community, voluntary sector and also the local Council.
The Enterprise Centre has a wealth of experience in the development of micro-businesses, in particular the provision of support for those who have already set up their own business. Since Dungannon Enterprise Centre established in 1991 it has assisted more than 2,000 businesses.
Business support is offered in many areas including:
- Financial Planning
- Estate Management
- Business Planning
Dungannon Enterprise Centre manages over 100,000 sq. ft. of commercial property at several locations:
- the company’s own site, Dungannon Enterprise Centre, Coalisland Road, Dungannon
- Torrent Valley Business Park, Donaghmore, owned by Torrent Valley Initiative
- Ballysaggart Business Complex, owned by Dungannon West Renewal
- McCready Mill, owned by Aughnacloy Development Association
Since the Enterprise Centre opened it has rented space to over 260 tenants.
The Enterprise Centre is a member of Enterprise Northern Ireland (ENI) who represents the interests of Local Enterprise Agencies and lobbies on behalf of small business.
All Board members are obliged to undertake the following:
- Attend and participate fully in the 11 monthly Board meetings each year
- Be prepared to commit time outside normal working hours.
- When required, represent the Enterprise Centre.
- At all times, to serve the best interests of Dungannon Enterprise Centre.
- Adhere to Dungannon Enterprise Centre’s Articles and Memorandum of Association.
- Adhere to the Centre’s adopted policies and procedures
All member of the Board of Directors act in a voluntary capacity. Members are reimbursed for any approved out of pocket expenses incurred in carrying out their duties, e.g. travel costs and subsistence at attending events.
Expressions of Interest
The Board maintains a record of those who have expressed an interest in playing a part on the Board of Dungannon Enterprise Centre. If you would like to register your interest please email Brian MacAuley, CEO Dungannon Enterprise Centre, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board are made aware of all Expressions of Interest and when there is a vacancy the Board refer to it. Being recorded on the Expression of Interest register does not guarantee an appointment to the Board. If and when a vacancy occurs on the Board, selection is based upon experience, knowledge of the local area, skills set, motivation as well as the likely fit within the existing directors should an appointment be made. Please note that the following are excluded from playing a part on the Board:
- Tenants of Dungannon Enterprise Centre
- People that have a pecuniary interest in the organisation
- Employees that have worked for the organisation in the last 10 years
Personal Specification of a Member of the Board of Directors of Dungannon Enterprise Centre
- Resident of Mid Ulster Council area
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in either:
- a relevant business or professional field
- community / voluntary sector
- A knowledge of the business environment of the area
- Experience of working in a committee
- Qualification in a business-related discipline, in particular marketing
- Experience in self-employment and / or the social economy
- A knowledge of business outside Northern Ireland
- A working knowledge of the Local Enterprise Agency network
- A working knowledge of statutory and funding bodies and how they operate
- An ability to come up with innovative ideas
If you have any queries email Brian MacAuley, CEO Dungannon Enterprise Centre, email@example.com