The Odyssey is the Landmark Millennium Project for Northern Ireland and is owned by the Odyssey Trust Company Limited (OTC),a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. The Odyssey is a unique entertainment and educational venue sited at Queen’s Quay, Belfast, comprising 3 main areas
- The SSEArena,which seats 10,000 people where ice hockey games, concerts,and family shows are held.
- W5,an interactive discovery and educational centre.
- The Pavilion,which comprises the multiplex cinema,ten pin bowling and a range of restaurants.
The OTC Board oversees and manages the investment in the Odyssey to ensure its ongoing viability and promotes its continuing development for the benefit of the people of Northern Ireland.
AT A TIME OF EXCITING CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT OTC NOW WISHES TO APPOINT ONE NEW #BOARD MEMBER.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Senior management experience (defined as Board level or equivalent) in a public, private, voluntary or community sector organisation,or in professional practice.
Evidence that they meet the following competency requirements:
- Corporate Governance
- Strategic Planning
- Analytical skills
- An understanding of financial management information
- Communication / Interpersonal skills.
In this case the Board wishes to strengthen its expertise in the following areas and is seeking to recruit someone who will bring:
- Investment Expertise, particularly in a charitable context
- Financial planning
The appointment is for a term of 4 years,with the possibility for extension for a further 4 years. Time commitment will be approximately 1 day per month. The role is not remunerated, however expenses are payable.
In order to seek to have a diverse Board representative of the community of Northern Ireland, applications are particularly welcome from individuals living / working outside greater Belfast, women, people with a disability, all sections of the community and people from minority ethnic groups.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4.00pm on Friday 31st August 2018
An application pack can be obtained by contacting Sylvia Stroud VIA CLICKING THE LINK BELOW
Or by post from:
- The OdysseyTrust Company Ltd, 2 Queen’s Quay, Belfast BT3 9QQ.
- The OTC is committed to equality of opportunity.