What We’re Looking For
The board of the Institute for Conflict Research (ICR) are seeking to recruit up to 3 board members to help develop and grow the organisation to meet it’s strategic goals and objectives. The organisation has commissioned and will be beginning an independent review of the organisation and would like to take the opportunity to also develop its board alongside this review.
Currently the organisation has a total of 5 trustees which comprises a chairperson, secretary, treasurer and 2 trustees. We are looking to further expand on our board to future proof the organisation and bring in valuable experience and knowledge that would help the organisation deliver on its key objectives.
What We Need From You
The requirements of trustees will be to be available for quarterly full board meetings, typically taking place in weekday evenings for a period of approximately 1.5 hours as well as undertaking additional training and meetings that the board require.
The board is ideally looking for people with experience in media/communications, governance, HR and those with links to University/Research sectors. However the board would also be very interested in individuals who feel they have the skills that would benefit the organisation. The criteria for this role is listed below:
- Dedicated and passionate individual who has a desire to help the organisation set and achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the community/voluntary sector; in particular matters relating to funding or fundraising
- Understanding the general principles of community conflict management and transformation
- Knowledge of training and community development
- Previous experience and/or understanding of the roles and requirements of a trustee
How To Apply
Applications are by CV and a short cover letter detailing the above criteria to be sent to the current chairperson, James Copeland, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon closing candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed by a small panel of trustees with a view to immediate recruitment.
Closing date: Friday 01st February 2019 5:00pm
About The Organisation
ICR undertakes a diverse range of work related to its core research activity. We:
- Design, develop and source funding for research projects
- Respond to commissions and tenders, mainly from government departments and statutory bodies
- Develop and deliver training, community development and education work
- Tailor summer schools, residentials, tours and Northern Ireland induction programmes for non residents and overseas companies
- Produce and event manage conferences, arts initiatives and other
- Conduct research, support and training projects for and with community-based group
- Sit on a variety of government steering groups and panels locally and internationally
- Provide advice, support and assistance to academics, students, independent researchers, journalists and other professionals visiting the region
- Undertake the evaluation of a wide range of projects and programmes of work.
- Work in a range of partnerships locally and internationally including government departments, statutory service providers, private sector bodies and educational establishments.
ICR currently has a small staff team comprising of 7 staff members. You can find out more about us via http://conflictresearch.org.uk/