We are seeking applications from forward thinking individuals to become a Board member of Crescent Arts Centre, with the appropriate skills and experience to help shape our development and contribute to our strategy for future success.
- Do you want to use your talent and commitment to make a difference in a charitable organisation?
- Do you share our passion for delivering creative, high quality arts programmes and events that can transform lives and promote personal and social well-being?
Moving into a new strategic development period, the Crescent wants to equip itself with a broad and appropriate skills base to ensure our growth, with board members providing leadership and experience to the board on growing the organisation’s income and the development of activities that also fulfil our purpose and values. Our priorities are to extend our reach, develop new partnerships, build our profile and create new strategic collaborations.
Following a skills audit of the current board, we are seeking to appoint voluntary Board Trustees with any of the following specific skills and professional backgrounds:
- Business Development / Income Generation / Fundraising
- Public Policy / Community relations
- Compliance, audit and risk
- Human Resources
- Health & social care/ Public health
- Spoken & Written word
- Marketing & Digital
- Facilities management
- Chairing boards
The successful candidates will have experience working at senior levels in relevant organisations. Experience in the public, private, community or voluntary sectors and knowledge of good governance is desirable.
We would welcome a diversity of backgrounds, skills, approaches and perspectives in our candidates.
For more details please download the Board Recruitment pack
If you would like to apply to join our board, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Friday 26 July 2019
ABOUT THE CRESCENT ARTS CENTRE
The Crescent Arts Centre is a historic cultural venue in the heart of south Belfast, which provides opportunities for people to meet, be inspired, experience and participate in a wide range of art forms.
Renowned for its cultural vibrancy, diversity and welcome, the centre:
- Programmes over 750 weekly creative learning classes and workshops, 40 weeks a year, in a wide variety of art forms – the largest creative learning programme in Northern Ireland
- Runs a vibrant programme of live events – from theatre, music, dance, film, cabaret, readings, poetry, literature, etc.
- Runs the annual Belfast Book Festival and CityDance, as well as hosting a wide range of other festivals in the City. These festivals help raise the profile of the centre and reach out to new audiences.
- Hosts 14 carefully selected arts organisations, which occupy space in the vibrant creative environment the Crescent provides. The current residents are: Open Arts, Tinderbox, Dumbworld, Belfast Trad, Lamb Films, John Morrison, Sestina, Belfast Music Society, Theatre NI, Du Dance, Maiden Voyage, Dance Resource Base, and Bright Young Things.
- Through our Outreach and Education programme we are particularly focused on narrowing life inequalities by providing artistic and cultural activities for people who do not normally do so.
Find out more: https://crescentarts.org/