Home-Start wants to see a society in which every parent has the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life. Management Committee Meetings are held every 8 weeks. Sub-groups – Finance, Personnel & Fundraising.
The overall role of a treasurer is to:
- maintain an overview of the scheme’s affairs
- ensure its financial viability
- ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- To ensure that the scheme complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the scheme pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure the scheme applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects (the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are).
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the scheme, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of Home-Start and the scheme.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the scheme.
- To ensure the financial stability of the scheme.
- To protect and manage the assets of the scheme and to ensure the proper investment of scheme funds.
- To ensure the scheme complies with the Quality Assurance standards and criteria relating to financial management.
Tuesday / 30 April 2019 4:00pm