The Northern Ireland Sports Forum is a voluntary association whose membership consists of 72 Governing Bodies of Sport and 20 Associate Members. We are the recognised umbrella organisation for the voluntary sector of sport in Northern Ireland and act as the “Independent Voice of Voluntary Sport in Northern Ireland”.
NISF is embarking on an exciting initiative aimed at strengthening the boards and committees of our member organisations who include organisations such as Ulster Rugby, Ulster Hockey, IABA, RYANI, Ulster Tennis, NI Commonwealth Games Council and Athletics NI. We are launching a mass board recruitment programme aimed at developing a database of individuals who may be interested in joining the board of one of our member organisations.
What skills are we looking for?
How it Works
- Individuals who would like to/ be willing to join a sports organisation board complete an ‘Expression of Interest Form’.
- Member organisations will outline their recruitment requirements based on any skills gaps that they face.
- NISF will analyse expressions of interests from applicants and match potential skills gaps from member organisations.
- NISF will discuss possible organisations with applicants to see if this is an organisation they would potentially like to join.
- NISF will then arrange an informal meeting between the organisation and the applicant.
- NISF will take feedback from both parties and discuss any further arrangements if required.
Applicant’s details will be retained for a period of two years and will be only given to member organisations with the applicants own consent. The database will be managed solely by the NI Sports Forum Executive Manager.
Interested parties are asked to return their Expression of Interest Form which can be found below by Friday 29th March 2019 alongside a cover letter to Ciaran Kearney, Executive Manager-
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org or post to- NI Sports Forum, House of Sport, 2A Upper Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 5LA