The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) is initiating a Public Appointment for an Independent Member to the Agricultural Wages Board (AWB). Any appointment from this competition will be made by a Minister. AWB is a DAERA Executive Non-Departmental Public Body (NDBP) set up under the powers of the Agriculture Wages (Regulation) (Northern Ireland) Order 1977. If appointed, the successful applicant will help influence the employment conditions for agricultural workers throughout Northern Ireland.
The AWB is a statutory body which sets minimum wages, and certain other employment rights, such as holiday entitlement, for agricultural workers in Northern Ireland. Further information about the organisation can be obtained from the DAERA website at https://www.daera-ni.gov.uk/articles/agricultural-wages-board-northern-ireland-awb. Continue reading
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has launched a competition to appoint seven members to a new body, the Tuberculosis Eradication Partnership (TBEP) from 1 April 2018.
Appointments will be for one chairperson and six other members.
The TBEP will be a DAERA sponsored Expert Advisory Body.
The range of positions to be filled need to achieve a balance of skills and backgrounds including: Continue reading
The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs is seeking to appoint 4 members to the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE) College Advisory Group to represent the following sectors:
- Red Meat
- Agri-food Business Development
The CAFRE College Advisory Group provides advice at a strategic and operational level to the CAFRE Management Team.
- Remuneration: daily remuneration of £220, appropriate care of dependants (including childcare costs) and travel expenses will be paid.
- Period of appointment and commencement date: these are 3 year appointments starting from 1st January 2017
- Time commitment: the Group meets up to 6 times per year for full days at various CAFRE locations.
- Regulated by CPA NI: No
- Closing date: the closing date for applications is 4.00 pm on Friday 04 November 2016.
For more information go to www.daera-ni.gov.uk/cafrecag