The Department of Justice is seeking to appoint three part-time Trustees for a term of five years.
The RUC GC Foundation has many varied roles including documenting the history of policing, maintaining the RUC Memorial Garden at Brooklyn, and making a positive contribution to the professional development of police officers and policing, through a bursary scheme for serving police officers in Northern Ireland.
- remuneration: Trustees are not remunerated but travel costs may be reimbursed where applicable.
- period of appointment: Term of 5 years. The appointments will be made around end of October/early November subject to a Justice Minister being in post.
- time commitment: Approximately 4 days per month
- regulated by CPA NI: Yes
- closing date: noon Thursday 28th September 2017
You can find out more, including how to apply, at the link below.
The Department for Communities is seeking to appoint up to three new Councillor Members to the Board of Libraries NI.
The primary duty of Libraries NI is to provide a comprehensive and efficient public library service for persons living, working or studying in Northern Ireland. It provides a service through a network of 96 libraries and 2 heritage libraries, 16 mobile libraries and 10 homecall vehicles.
- Remuneration: Board members received remuneration of £3,000 per annum, plus travel and subsistence allowances in line with NJC rates.
- Period of appointment and commencement date: The appointment is until the date of the next Council elections and will commence from 1 March 2017.
- Time commitment: A commitment of at least 15 days per year is required. Board meetings are normally held at Lisburn City Library during the daytime.
- Regulated by CPA NI: Yes
Closing date: the closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 11 November 2016
You can find out more information including how to apply at the link below:
Northern Ireland’s leading conservation charity the National Trust is seeking to recruit a new member to the Northern Ireland Regional Advisory Board.
The Regional Advisory Board is a group of volunteers of all ages and from all walks of life which advises and supports the Trust’s management team in Northern Ireland across a full range of conservation and business activities. Continue reading
Creative Exchange is an artists’ studios in East Belfast that delivers noteworthy projects on a national and international scale. We are currently looking for volunteers to join the Board.
About Creative Exchange
Creative Exchange will celebrate its 20th birthday this year. We are an artists’ studio, based in East Belfast, core funded by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland (ACNI). We work on individual and collective projects, most notably Art In The East Side, Ireland’s largest outdoor exhibition. In line with our next AGM in September, we are now looking for volunteers to join the Board. Continue reading
Belfast City Centre Management (BCCM) was established in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee. BCCM, which is a partnership between the public and private sectors, is funded by Belfast City Council and the Department for Communities and operates in partnership with Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce and the Belfast One Business Improvement District. Within this partnership, BCCM delivers and manages a range of innovative initiatives which enhance economic performance, the presentation of public space and perceptions of safety in Belfast City Centre. Continue reading
The Department of Communities is seeking to appoint a Chair, Vice-Chair and up to 3 Members to the Board of Sport NI.
Sport NI’s mission is to lead sports development at all levels producing more participants and more winners. It works with partner organisations to ensure that sport contributes to a united community, and that people and athletes are provided with the conditions to enjoy, engage and excel in sport.
- remuneration:The Chair position attracts remuneration of £280 per day, plus travel and subsistence allowances in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.The Vice-Chair position attracts remuneration of £3,500 per year, plus travel and subsistence allowances in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates.Board Member appointments are unpaid. However, travel and subsistence allowances will be payable in line with Northern Ireland Civil Service rates. The time commitment required for all Board Members is at least 24 days per year.
- period of appointment: up to 4 years commencing from 01 December 2016
- The Chair position will require an initial commitment of 8 days per month, which may be subject to review.The Vice-Chair position will require a commitment of approximately 30 days per year.The Board Member positions will require a commitment of at least 24 days per year.
- regulated by CPA NI: yes
- closing date: noon on Friday 30 September 2016