The Department of Health is recruiting a Non-Executive Chair and a Non-Executive Director to the NI Ambulance Service (NIAS).
This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community. We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best Boards are those that reflect the communities they serve. We particularly welcome applications from women, people under 30 years of age, people with disabilities and people from the local ethnic minority communities as these are under-represented in Chair and Non-Executive roles.
Applications are welcomed from all backgrounds regardless of religious belief, gender, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents. Continue reading
The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland invites applications for appointment to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission. A number of Commissioner positions, will become vacant in September 2017 when the terms of office of the current members expire. Membership of the NIHRC is a challenging and rewarding opportunity
All Commissioners will be expected to:
- Ensure the Commission fulfils its functions in accordance with its statutory remit as defined in legislation.
- Act in a way that promotes high standards of public finance, including the promotion of regularity, propriety and value for money;
- Ensure that the Commission’s activities are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that strategies are developed for meeting the Commission’s overall objectives in accordance with Government’s policies and priorities and the wider context.
- Monitor the Commission’s performance to ensure that it fully meets its aims, objectives and performance targets.
- Ensure that the Commission’s control, regulation and monitoring of its activities ensure value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and propriety.
- Appoint the Director should this vacancy arise and ensure that his/her performance is regularly assessed against clear objectives and targets.
- Attend Commission meetings regularly.
- Act as representatives of the Commission as required, e.g. at events, seminars or other functions