The Department of Justice is seeking to appoint a Chair and 12 Board Members to the Probation Board for Northern Ireland.
The Probation Board for Northern Ireland is an executive non-departmental public body established under The Probation Board (Northern Ireland) Order 1982. PBNI plays a key role in Northern Ireland’s criminal justice system. The focus of all of the work undertaken by PBNI is to reduce offending and make communities safer.
- remuneration: Chair: £33,010 per annum, plus travel and expenses, this is not pensionable. Board Member: £5,050 annual fee plus travel and expenses
- period of appointment: The appointment of Chair and Board Members will be made for a three year term
- time commitment:Chair will be required to commit to 2 days per week.
Board Members will be required to commit to a minimum of 25 days per annum
- regulated by CPA NI: yes
- closing date: 12 noon Friday 14 September 2018
For more information on the positions including how to apply please go to:
Youth Council for NI – chairperson, vice-chairperson and members
The Department of Education (DE) invites applications for the positions of chairperson, vice-chairperson and members of the Youth Council for NI.
- remuneration: chairperson – £7,500 a year; vice-chairperson – £2,500 a year; members – none
- period of appointment: up to four years, start date to be confirmed
- time commitment: chairperson – four days a month; vice-chairperson – two days a month; members – one day a month
- regulated by CPA NI: yes
You can find out more, including how to apply, at the link below.
Closing date for applications – 5.00 pm on Tuesday 10 July.
The Boardroom Apprentice 2018 is now open for applications
The Boardroom Apprentice is 12-month board training and placement programme to encourage new people to come forward to give their time and share their skills with our third and public-sector boards. It is built on three core pillars:
- Provision of a 12-month Board Apprentice placement to gain experience
- The transfer of knowledge and learning to the Boardroom Apprentice through the delivery of a suite of training
- Support for the Boardroom Apprentice through an assigned board buddy
Womens Aid Antrim, Ballymena, Carrickfergus, Larne and Newtownabbey (ABCLN) alongside Onus, Ballymena are currently seeking Voluntary Management Committee Members to join a diverse and committed team working co-operatively at a governance and strategic level.
The Management Committee consists of individuals from a range of backgrounds with diverse skills and experience who are working to meet the challenges and opportunities in a changing environment. Continue reading
The Department of Health is recruiting 2 Non-Executive Lay Members and 1 Non-Executive Trade Union Member to the Public Health Agency (PHA) with effect from early 2018 for a maximum period of 4 years.
This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Northern Ireland. Continue reading
Politics Plus is seeking to appoint 1 member to its Board of Trustees with effect from 8 January 2018.
The successful candidate will assist the Board in the delivery of its vision for the long term future of Politics Plus, as well as in the ongoing development of an effective organisation within which goals can be achieved. Politics Plus is an independent not-for-profit organisation operating with Parliament Buildings, Stormont. Continue reading