CLOSES 12:00 MIDDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2018
High quality social work can transform lives. Social workers play an absolutely critical role in delivering a range of vital services to vulnerable children, families and adults. Social Work England will be a new specialist regulator for all social workers that has an absolute focus on protecting the health and wellbeing of those individuals who need social work support. Continue reading
Appointment of school governors
The Department of Education (DE) invites applications for school governor positions.
The role of the Board of Governors is to manage the school with a view to providing the best possible education and educational opportunities for all of the pupils.
- remuneration: none
- period of appointment: up to four years
- time commitment: varies depending on school requirements
- regulated by CPA NI: no
You can find out more, including how to apply, at the link below.
We are ambitious as an organisation and want to grow our services to support more people. As part of this drive we would like to invite interested people to apply to sit as Trustees on our Charity’s board.
There are two main roles of the board; Supporting and scrutinising the CEO on the basis of Good Corporate Governance and assisting in the formulating of strategy to achieve Nexus NI’s objectives. Continue reading
The Boardroom Apprentice 2018 is now open for applications
The Boardroom Apprentice is 12-month board training and placement programme to encourage new people to come forward to give their time and share their skills with our third and public-sector boards. It is built on three core pillars:
- Provision of a 12-month Board Apprentice placement to gain experience
- The transfer of knowledge and learning to the Boardroom Apprentice through the delivery of a suite of training
- Support for the Boardroom Apprentice through an assigned board buddy
The Department for Communities is seeking to appoint a new chair and two members to the board of USEL. USEL provides help for people with disabilities to gain employment.
- chair: £270 for each board meeting attended
- members: £135 for each board meeting attended
- travel and subsistence allowances for official business will be payable – any extra work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate
- period of appointment: a term of up to four years, starting from 1 August 2018
- time commitment: attendance at approximately 11 board meetings per year, plus other ad-hoc activities and attendance at any board member training – board meetings are normally held at USEL’s Head Office, Cambrai Street, Belfast
- appointment regulated by CPA NI
- closing date: 12 noon on Friday 27 April 2018
How to apply
You can find out more, including how to apply, at this link:
The Department of Communities invites applications for the appointment of a chair and up to four members to NILGOSC (Northern Ireland Local Government Officers Superannuation Committee). The member positions consist of two employee representatives, one employer representative, and one independent member.
All appointments will be for a term of up to four years, expected to start on 1 July 2018.
These appointments are regulated by CPA NI. Continue reading