The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland invites applications for appointment to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission. A number of Commissioner positions, will become vacant in September 2017 when the terms of office of the current members expire. Membership of the NIHRC is a challenging and rewarding opportunity
All Commissioners will be expected to:
- Ensure the Commission fulfils its functions in accordance with its statutory remit as defined in legislation.
- Act in a way that promotes high standards of public finance, including the promotion of regularity, propriety and value for money;
- Ensure that the Commission’s activities are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that strategies are developed for meeting the Commission’s overall objectives in accordance with Government’s policies and priorities and the wider context.
- Monitor the Commission’s performance to ensure that it fully meets its aims, objectives and performance targets.
- Ensure that the Commission’s control, regulation and monitoring of its activities ensure value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and propriety.
- Appoint the Director should this vacancy arise and ensure that his/her performance is regularly assessed against clear objectives and targets.
- Attend Commission meetings regularly.
- Act as representatives of the Commission as required, e.g. at events, seminars or other functions