The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland invites applications for appointment to the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission. A number of Commissioner positions, will become vacant in September 2017 when the terms of office of the current members expire. Membership of the NIHRC is a challenging and rewarding opportunity
All Commissioners will be expected to:
- Ensure the Commission fulfils its functions in accordance with its statutory remit as defined in legislation.
- Act in a way that promotes high standards of public finance, including the promotion of regularity, propriety and value for money;
- Ensure that the Commission’s activities are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that strategies are developed for meeting the Commission’s overall objectives in accordance with Government’s policies and priorities and the wider context.
- Monitor the Commission’s performance to ensure that it fully meets its aims, objectives and performance targets.
- Ensure that the Commission’s control, regulation and monitoring of its activities ensure value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and propriety.
- Appoint the Director should this vacancy arise and ensure that his/her performance is regularly assessed against clear objectives and targets.
- Attend Commission meetings regularly.
- Act as representatives of the Commission as required, e.g. at events, seminars or other functions
Women’s Aid Federation Board Northern Ireland is seeking to appoint new members to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work; we are seeking members with a broad range of skills and are particularly interested in individuals with experience of policy and/or lobbying, finance/accountancy, marketing and work at senior/board level in the third sector. The roles are unpaid voluntary positions. Reasonable expenses are paid.
We ask that Board members are able to attend board meetings, and participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, advising the staff team and acting in an ambassadorial role for the organisation. Board meetings are currently held each month ( excluding January & July) in Belfast on a Saturday morning. Positions are advertised for a period of 3 years (term may be renewed). Continue reading
The closing date is 12 noon on Friday 17 February 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
How to Apply
To apply, please send:
- a completed application form and
- equal opportunities monitoring form
to email@example.com or by post toPublic Appointments Unit
Department for Communities
1-7 Bedford Street
Need a new challenge? Very shortly there will be two vacancies on the Belfast Met Governing Body. The vacancies arise because two co-opted governors have come to the end of their second term of office. Accordingly, it is the intention of the Governing Body to interview prospective governors with a view to identifying two outstanding candidates with a professional skill set in either Finance or HR.
As recognised in the Skills Barometer for Northern Ireland, the Further Education sector has a significant contribution to make in developing the skills pipeline which will prove essential in supporting business drive growth and prosperity. Belfast Met has a particular role to play in ‘Leading the City to Work’ and is hugely ambitious in supporting our learners realise their potential and delivering against the Department for the Economy / Programme for Government’s strategic outcomes.
Belfast Met is the 10th largest FE & HE College in the UK: a £60M turnover business, spread across four main campuses, and with 1,100 staff supporting over 28,600 enrolments annually. The College has successfully transformed itself in a relatively short space of time from being perceived as a once failing college facing ‘special measures’ to a multi-award winning college. But we remain ambitious to go ‘from good to great’. More details can be found on the Belfast Met website www.belfastmet.ac.uk. Continue reading
The Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment wishes to appoint two suitably qualified applicants to sit on the Board of An Post.
Applicants must have experience at a senior level in a large, complex organisation in one of the following:
Business Development Experience
- Significant operational experience in retail banking and/or
- Experience in assessing business opportunities and potential acquisitions, particularly in the banking and retail sectors; and/or
- Experience of business development and product innovation in a similar large scale commercial organisation; and/or
- Experience in comparable industries such as: logistics/transportation, retail, financial services, telecommunications.