The Treasurer will play a key role in ensuring the financial health and management of the organisation. The post holder will be required to have an aptitude for finance and relevant supporting qualifications and experience, particularly within Athletics.
The Treasurer will need to work within the Board structure to help ensure that Athletics NI is managed and controlled appropriately; to ensure it is accountable to its legitimate interest groups and stakeholders and to ensure that it maintains the highest level of governance and accountability. Continue reading
The Odyssey is the Landmark Millennium Project for Northern Ireland and is owned by the Odyssey Trust Company Limited (OTC),a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. The Odyssey is a unique entertainment and educational venue sited at Queen’s Quay, Belfast, comprising 3 main areas
- The SSEArena,which seats 10,000 people where ice hockey games, concerts,and family shows are held.
- W5,an interactive discovery and educational centre.
- The Pavilion,which comprises the multiplex cinema,ten pin bowling and a range of restaurants.
The OTC Board oversees and manages the investment in the Odyssey to ensure its ongoing viability and promotes its continuing development for the benefit of the people of Northern Ireland. Continue reading
The Boardroom Apprentice 2018 is now open for applications
The Boardroom Apprentice is 12-month board training and placement programme to encourage new people to come forward to give their time and share their skills with our third and public-sector boards. It is built on three core pillars:
- Provision of a 12-month Board Apprentice placement to gain experience
- The transfer of knowledge and learning to the Boardroom Apprentice through the delivery of a suite of training
- Support for the Boardroom Apprentice through an assigned board buddy
Alpha Housing is helping pioneer the next generation of housing for older people in NI. Can you join us in this mission as a voluntary board member?
Alpha is a housing association and social enterprise with nearly 1,000 homes across Northern Ireland, mainly for older people. We employ 70 people and have a turnover of £5.5million. Our offices are at Duncrue in the Belfast Harbour estate. Continue reading
The Department for Communities is seeking to appoint a new chair and two members to the board of USEL. USEL provides help for people with disabilities to gain employment.
- chair: £270 for each board meeting attended
- members: £135 for each board meeting attended
- travel and subsistence allowances for official business will be payable – any extra work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate
- period of appointment: a term of up to four years, starting from 1 August 2018
- time commitment: attendance at approximately 11 board meetings per year, plus other ad-hoc activities and attendance at any board member training – board meetings are normally held at USEL’s Head Office, Cambrai Street, Belfast
- appointment regulated by CPA NI
- closing date: 12 noon on Friday 27 April 2018
How to apply
You can find out more, including how to apply, at this link:
We are recruiting 2 Board Members who will contribute to the effective governance of Angel Eyes NI in promoting its aims and objectives.
If you have a background in the private, public or voluntary sectors and skills in the following areas, we want to hear from you: #Accountancy or #Fundraising.
While positions are unremunerated, out-of-pocket expenses will be paid. Angel Eyes NI respects and promotes equal opportunity and positively welcomes applications from all groups.
For further information on the necessary qualities and experience for either of the above roles as well as an application form, please contact Sara McCracken at firstname.lastname@example.org.