CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 02ND NOVEMBER 2018
Clanmil Housing is seeking new members for its Group Board and also for its Group Audit and Risk Committee.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate they share our passion, our values and sense of purpose; committed to the highest standards of governance; and who can add value by their ability to be strategic and contribute effectively at Board level. This will require an ability to think creatively whilst at the same time understanding risk and compliance within a regulated environment. Continue reading
Family Routes is a dynamic and growing NI charity. Our core services include:
- Adoption Routes – Adoption assessment and post-adoption support for families and adults
- Fertility Counselling Service NI – Leading provider of specialist fertility counselling
- Next Step – A support and counselling service for birth families
- TESSA – Therapeutic and education support for adopted children and their adoptive parents
Whether it is counselling a couple in the midst of fertility treatment; providing therapeutic support to a child who has been adopted following traumatic early life experiences; counselling a birth mother whose children have been placed for adoption; supporting adoptive parents who are struggling to parent a traumatised child; or counselling an adopted adult as they search for their birth family – we are there to support, encourage and walk with those we work with. We have developed expertise in these complex areas over 30 years of supporting people and we know we make a real difference in people’s lives. We are ambitious as an organisation and want to grow our services so that we can support more people. Continue reading
The Department for Communities is seeking to appoint 3 Members to the Board of Libraries NI.
The primary duty of Libraries NI is to provide a comprehensive and efficient public library service for persons living, working or studying here. It offers a wide range of programmes and services for children and adults, such as ‘Rhythm and Rhyme’ and ‘Family Fun Days’, as well interesting initiatives relating to IT, health and well-being, and employment. The Board’s role is to maintain the overall strategic direction for the library service within the required policy and resources framework.
Applications are welcome from across the community, voluntary, business or public sectors, particularly from women, people with a disability, people from minority ethnic groups and young people. A Guaranteed Interview Scheme is in place for those applicants with a disability. You do not need to have previous experience of serving on a board to apply. Continue reading
Thrive, Making Culture Count are looking for a new Chair and Trustees for our board. You’ll be involved in shaping the growth and direction of thrive and joining a dynamic and well-supported board team.
What We Do:
We help cultural organisations unlock their potential through better understanding their audiences. We do this by producing research on NI cultural audiences, and by providing practical support to help organisations to increase or diversify their audiences. We work with around 200 arts, culture and heritage organisations right across NI, and sometimes beyond that, who vary in size, location, remit and ambition. We are a charity but we also have an increasing focus on increasing our sustainability through income generation and business development. Continue reading
The Department for Communities is seeking to appoint a new chair and two members to the board of USEL. USEL provides help for people with disabilities to gain employment.
- chair: £270 for each board meeting attended
- members: £135 for each board meeting attended
- travel and subsistence allowances for official business will be payable – any extra work undertaken will be paid at an hourly rate
- period of appointment: a term of up to four years, starting from 1 August 2018
- time commitment: attendance at approximately 11 board meetings per year, plus other ad-hoc activities and attendance at any board member training – board meetings are normally held at USEL’s Head Office, Cambrai Street, Belfast
- appointment regulated by CPA NI
- closing date: 12 noon on Friday 27 April 2018
How to apply
You can find out more, including how to apply, at this link: